Jennifer K. Schwendener received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana in 2002. She received her Juris Doctor degree from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois in 2005. While at John Marshall, Ms. Schwendener prosecuted and tried numerous misdemeanor and felony cases as a law clerk at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office in its Juvenile Delinquency and Gang Prosecution Divisions.
Her experience includes civil litigation defense (civil rights, product liability, premises liability, dram shop liability, automobile), employment law, insurance coverage, school law, corporate and real estate. Ms. Schwendener has litigated and successfully tried cases in numerous counties throughout the states of Illinois, Indiana and Oklahoma and in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Ms. Schwendener has handled appeals in the First, Second and Fifth District Appellate Courts.
Awards & Recognition
- Illinois “Super Lawyer” in Civil Litigation
- Contributing author, “Civil Rights Litigation,” Illinois School Law, IICLE (2017 and 2021)
- DuPage County Bar Association Journal: “Can an Employee Who Becomes Injured on the Job Collect Workers’ Compensation Benefits and File a Common Law Claim?” (February 2016)
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. - 2005
- Indiana University, B.A. - 2002